We highly recommend you try the activities listed on this page. Discuss them with us prior to your tour or speak to your guide so that we can arrange them for you. These activities are not included in the package costs and need to be paid for separately.
- Shark cage diving (weather dependent)
- Whale watching flights (seasonal and weather dependent)
- Whale watching boat trips (weather dependent)
- Sea kayak trips (weather dependent)
- Tandem paragliding trips (weather dependent)
- Quad biking
- Scuba diving (weather dependent)
- Lobster fishing (seasonal and weather dependent)
- Wine tasting
- Visit to a cheetah sanctuary
The Western Cape is a very well known for the fantastic wine produced in the region. After a hard days’ riding there is always the possibility of a relaxing trip to a couple of the local farms for some wine tasting or cellar tour.
The University of Stellenbosch offers VO2 max, lactate threshold turning point, and a host of other tests at very reasonable rates.
Please speak to us about arranging an appointment for you.
We offer custom tours for groups of more than three that run in conjunction with our cycling tours. This means that your non-cycling travelling companions will be able to enjoy a variety of sightseeing activities while you spend time on your bike, meeting up with you again after the days’ riding.
Alternative activities are available for non-cyclists joining you on the tour or as after-ride activities where possible. The following are available depending on the overnight town:
- A short 20 km Urban MTB route for those needing that little fix
- Adventure activities: Shark cage diving, tandem paragliding, whale watching flight or boat trip, scuba diving
- Wine tasting
- Walking (beach/nature reserves)
- Some of Cape Town’s best-known tourist attractions, such as Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, V&A Waterfront, Cape Point, and Boulders Beach
- Exploring historic Stellenbosch
- Visit a cheetah sanctuary